Putnam County Sentinel
Do you love sales and want to manage and grow a great sales team? The award-winning Putnam County Sentinel (www.putnamsentinel.com), a division of DHI Media, has an immediate opening for a full-time Advertising Manager who will plan and execute print and digital advertising programs by performing the following. In addition to the Advertising Manager’s responsibilities, the candidate will serve as a sales representative for key accounts, as well.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains a unified print and digital advertising program that spans a full range of media including print, online and mobile media.
- Identifies advertising objectives and target markets to take advertising accounts and sales volume to the next level.
- Collaborates with department heads – including editorial and graphics – to outline new policies or sales promotion campaigns.
- Sells to outside advertising agencies and print, broadcast, and online media representatives to negotiate advertising contracts.
- Establishes and reviews rates and classifications with the advertising staff, which are applicable to various types of advertising and provides appropriate authorization.
- Reviews Google Analytics and other metrics regularly to gather data that can be used to report back to the sales staff as well as advertisers.
- Works to create and direct preparation of special promotional publications that are printed and distributed throughout the year.
- Works with the corporate office to develop and manage advertising department budget.
- Uses proprietary software (Mediaspan) to research previous advertisers’ activities and generate reports that detail the sales team’s performance.
- Performs all duties of a sales representative that handles key accounts as well as that of advertising manager.
- Represents Putnam County Sentinel at business gatherings or other community-based events.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of ad layout for print or online ads, and presents to client for approval.
- Associates degree preferred – not required
- Two to three years of sales management experience, with specific print/media sales experience highly desirable
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among Great People in a Fun Environment. By contributing to our success, DHI Media offers a competitive compensation package (base salary plus bonus plan), medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance and 401k as well as vacation and performance bonuses. Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and a resume to: Roberta Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DHI Media is an equal opportunity employer.