Current Job Postings
Wapakoneta Daily News
We're looking for someone to join our press crew. We operate a Goss press that runs six days a week, printing newspapers, newsletters and other web-based jobs. The idea candidate has press experience and is familiar with burning plates, hanging plates, changing rolls, and setting ink. Additional details will be provided during the interview process. Job Type: Full-time Salary:commensurate with experience. Email applications to Deb
Zwez at email@example.com.
The Norwalk Reflector, a six-day-a-week newspaper, is looking for a community-minded professional to fill the position of general news reporter.
A commitment to community journalism is a must at the Reflector, which just began its 190th year in circulation. We want somebody who can take photos, videos and cover a story at the same time. This job requires interviewing skills, attention to deadlines and the ability to juggle numerous assignments. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in journalism or equivalent experience, knowledge of AP style, photography skills and a strong presence on social media.
We are an equal opportunity employer located in north-central Ohio near the shores of Lake Erie — a great summer vacation destination. We offer competitive pay and great benefits.
Interested candidates should email a resume, writing samples and a brief cover letter to Managing Editor Joe Centers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Putnam County Sentinel
Do you love sales and want to manage and grow a great sales team? The award-winning Putnam County Sentinel (www.putnamsentinel.com), a division of DHI Media, has an immediate opening for a full-time Advertising Manager who will plan and execute print and digital advertising programs by performing the following. In addition to the Advertising Manager’s responsibilities, the candidate will serve as a sales representative for key accounts, as well.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains a unified print and digital advertising program that spans a full range of media including print, online and mobile media.
- Identifies advertising objectives and target markets to take advertising accounts and sales volume to the next level.
- Collaborates with department heads – including editorial and graphics – to outline new policies or sales promotion campaigns.
- Sells to outside advertising agencies and print, broadcast, and online media representatives to negotiate advertising contracts.
- Establishes and reviews rates and classifications with the advertising staff, which are applicable to various types of advertising and provides appropriate authorization.
- Reviews Google Analytics and other metrics regularly to gather data that can be used to report back to the sales staff as well as advertisers.
- Works to create and direct preparation of special promotional publications that are printed and distributed throughout the year.
- Works with the corporate office to develop and manage advertising department budget.
- Uses proprietary software (Mediaspan) to research previous advertisers’ activities and generate reports that detail the sales team’s performance.
- Performs all duties of a sales representative that handles key accounts as well as that of advertising manager.
- Represents Putnam County Sentinel at business gatherings or other community-based events.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of ad layout for print or online ads, and presents to client for approval.
- Associates degree preferred – not required
- Two to three years of sales management experience, with specific print/media sales experience highly desirable
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among Great People in a Fun Environment. By contributing to our success, DHI Media offers a competitive compensation package (base salary plus bonus plan), medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance and 401k as well as vacation and performance bonuses. Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and a resume to: Roberta Cohen at email@example.com.
DHI Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Full time General News reporter position available. Must have writing and computer skills. Journalism background preferred, Photoshop and InDesign experience a plus.
Send resume c/o Marysville Journal-Tribune, PO Box 226, Marysville, OH 43040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.