Director of Operations in Commercial Printing
Eagle Print in Delphos, Ohio
Job Title: Director of Operations in Commercial Printing
Supervisor: Denny Klausing
Eagle Print is a commercial printing company that specializes in newspapers, catalogues, flyers and magazines.
General Job Description:
Director of Operations. To ensure all necessary elements are in place to facilitate the timely completion of all jobs in the most professional manner and of the highest attainable quality.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all printing functions with the Production Manager.
- Schedule all printing jobs on the press with input from the Production Manager, Pre-Press Manager, Post-Press Manager and Administration Coordinator/Print Estimator.
- Cost out all jobs to ensure that the printing jobs meets our profit margin.
- Deal with customers’ printing/billing problems.
- Work with suppliers to get the most competitive prices.
- Contact customers about aged accounts and establish payment schedules to manage accounts receivables.
- A basic understanding is needed of presses, bindery equipment, mail equipment, pre-press equipment, post-press equipment and mailing requirements through the post office.
- Familiarity with all OSHA regulations.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer on inventory, employee issues and capital expenditures.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with all supervisors on the day-to-day operation of Eagle Print.
- Work with production manager to order all supplies for equipment and pre- and post-press supplies.
- Take monthly inventory of all supplies.
- Work with the Administration Coordinator to stay in contact with customers in order to complete jobs to the best of Eagle Print’s ability.
Qualifications for the Position:
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree a plus
- Must have a printing background
- Strong communication skills and show respect and patience with a diversity of opinions.
- Must be respectful of all employees – regardless of their position in the company.
Computer skills including Microsoft Office – particularly Excel, and Word
To apply, send your resume and information to Roberta Cohen, President, Delphos Herald, at firstname.lastname@example.org.