Ogden Newspapers, owner of the The Courier in Findlay, has consolidated production operations from several of its newspapers in northern Ohio into a regional operations facility at its Findlay location. This has resulted in an opening for a Distribution Manager in our distribution/mailroom fulfillment center.
The primary role of the Distribution Manager is to supervise the inserter staff to assure quality and timely distribution of publications, including six daily newspapers. Other duties are to prepare reports and schedules, interview potential employees, monitor time and attendance for staff, and to manage employee conformance to safety policies and procedures.
- Manages, supervises, and maintains an organized and efficient work crew for the efficient operation of the inserter center.
- Supervise hopper loaders to efficiently handle jogging and loading of inserts into hoppers.
- Verifies and certifies correct insert schedule for every run.
- Prepares nightly productivity reports.
- Performs any other duties relating to the equipment maintenance and safety coordination, as assigned by the Publisher.
- Coordinates work schedules of support and insert crews.
- Ensure that all company rules and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks assigned.
- Ability to operate a tow motor.
- High school education or equivalent training/experience preferred.
- Personal computer skills (spreadsheets & word processing), mechanical.
- Late night shift: Monday-Friday nights. Off Saturday and Sunday.
Full Time with benefits. Benefits Include: health, vision & dental insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick time as well as six paid holidays.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or mail to Distribution/Mailroom Manager C/O of The Courier • 701 W. Sandusky Street • Findlay, OH 45840. You can also visit The Courier in person 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to drop off your resume and fill out an application.