Parkersburg News and Sentinel and The Marietta Times
The Parkersburg News and Sentinel and The Marietta Times are seeking a full-time reporter.
Our two daily community newspapers across the Ohio River from each other are seeking a full-time reporter to cover a variety of news topics, from school board and council meetings to feature stories and other community news for both our newspapers.
The ideal candidate should be able to meet deadlines, attend and cover events and meetings.
We are looking for someone who also possesses the following qualifications:
A background in English or journalism. Experience is preferred.
• Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling skills.
- Photography skills a plus.
• The ability to spot a news story that is relevant to our readers’ interests.
• Self-motivation — The reporter must be able to develop news stories and seek them out, as well as form relationships with news sources in the area and develop stories through these relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation
This is a full-time position. Hourly wage plus benefit package, including mileage reimbursement. Please email your résumé and samples of your writing for consideration to Executive Editor Christina Myer: email@example.com
For questions, please call Christina at 304-485-1891, ext. 282