Ashtabula County newspaper hiring full-time reporter
A group of weekly paid circulation community newspapers in Ashtabula County, Ohio, is looking for a full-time reporter to cover a variety of news topics, from school board and council meetings to feature stories and other community news.
The ideal candidate should be able to meet deadlines, attend and cover events and meetings and work during office hours in order to be available to readers.
We are looking for someone who also possesses the following qualifications:
• A background in English or journalism. Experience is preferred.
• Excellent writing, grammar and spelling skills.
• The ability to spot a news story that is relevant to our readers’ interests.
• Self-motivation — The reporter must be able to develop news stories and seek them out, as well as form relationships with news sources in the area and develop stories through these relationships.
• A work style that is extremely detail-oriented.
• Strong communication skills.
This is a full-time position. Salary plus basic benefit package, including mileage reimbursement. Please email your résumé and samples of your writing for consideration to Stefanie Wessell, Senior Editor, email@example.com, Gazette Newspapers, 46 W. Jefferson St., Jefferson, Ohio 44047.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26,000.00 per year