GM/Advertising Sales Director
AIM Media Midwest, LLC
AIM Media Midwest, LLC is looking for a GM/Advertising Sales Director for the Bowling Green Sentinel Tribune located in Bowling Green, OH. A successful candidate for this position will serve as the business executive for the location with primary focus on the daily leadership of the advertising department. This candidate will build a local sales team to drive digital and print advertising and event sponsorship revenue growth and will drive local revenue by identifying sales opportunities, executing sales strategies, and working directly with the sales team to achieve revenue goals and company objectives. Will also be responsible for meeting overall advertising revenue and profitability targets to budget.
Building relationships in the market through the local chamber, community events, college and other business events is a crucial part of this position. Solid communication and leadership skills are a must.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Serving as the primary on-site business executive for the Bowling Green Sentinel Tribune, sent-trib.com and all ancillary publications.
- Training and motivating a team of onsite and remote account executives.
- Maximizing sales opportunities with current and new business accounts.
- Planning and executing creative ideas and sales strategies in digital and print campaigns.
- Continued local focus on digital advertising and the digital landscape – drive increased market awareness in this sector of the business.
- Attending related community and business meetings and events to meet and engage with local leaders.
- Assisting local and remote sales representatives in new business development, sales proposals, and client presentations.
- Assisting local and remote sales representatives with negotiating contracts and ensuring terms and conditions are met.
- Achieving monthly and annual revenue goals while overseeing expense budget for location to ensure profit targets are met.
- Attending community events on behalf of the Bowling Green Sentinel Tribune and maintaining a high level of engagement and visibility within the BG community.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, marketing, communications, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years related management experience.
- Sales experience required. Media sales experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent digital skills, including but not limited to social media, digital analytics and understanding of digital market trends.
- Experience in hiring and training sales team.
Salary plus commission and basic benefit package, including mileage reimbursement. Please email your résumé and cover letter to Lane Moon, Regional VP AIM Media Midwest, at email@example.com. AIM Media Midwest, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.