Advertising Sales Manager
Adams Publishing Group
- Salary: $65K-$85K Total Compensation
- Work Experience: 4-5 years
- City: Defiance
- State/Province: Ohio
This candidate for Advertising Sales Manager will assist with the advertising sales efforts for APG Media of Ohio-Defiance, leading a staff of several outside sales executives that sell and serve advertisers in multiple counties.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess effective presentation skills, creativity, strategic thinking, idea generator, good oral and written comprehension, deductive reasoning, and excellent managerial skills. Must have a strong work ethic and ability to motivate staff and willingness to lead by example. Preferred primary office location will be in based in the geographical zone assignment.
- Manage the advertising strategy, both from a business, sales and technical perspective.
- Assist with the budget development and projections for advertising.
- Devise a plan of action to grow the digital revenue and to motivate staff in that direction.
- Spend 85% of their time in the business community, training staff and creating optimal solutions for area businesses.
- Experience working in small markets will be beneficial to this position.
- This position will rely extensively on their experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- This position will provide vacation and illness relief for their direct reports.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in the print and internet media industry.
- At least 3 years successful track record of sales management experience.
- Specific management experience in the following: Advertising Sales, National Account Sales, Retail Sales, and Digital Sales.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook/Thunderbird required. Ability to learn other relevant software programs and teach direct reports is paramount.
Interested candidates should immediately send their resumes to Kirk Dougal at firstname.lastname@example.org
The fringe benefits include Medical (split between employer and employee), Dental and Vision options (employee paid). There are three (3) company-sponsored benefits to include Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and a Term Life Insurance Policy. The company offers pay for these six (6) major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day). In addition, you accrue 3.33 hour per pay period in the first year of employment (80 hours) and increasing to 5.0 hours per pay period (120 hours) after one year of anniversary of employment. The company has the option of making a discretionary match to the 401K Retirement Plan after year’s end.