Adams Publishing Group
- Salary: Negotiable
- Work Experience: 1-3 years
- City: Defiance
- State/Province: Ohio
This position needs a strong leader with proven supervisory skills. This person will directly manage our home delivery teams, single copy operations, and assist with our sales and marketing efforts. The candidate will also be indirectly responsible for overseeing our independent contractors with the assistance of our District Supervisors. This position is expected to assist the Circulation Departments goals to increase newspaper readership, achieve home delivery and expense goals as well as provide exceptional home delivery service to our subscribers.
The successful candidate must be flexible, self-starter, attentive to details, diplomatic, able to provide direction, and able to multi-task. This position will work with different personality types and across a number of publications. Candidates for this position should have strong interpersonal skills and client orientation and exhibit an ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts as a team member as well as a team leader.
- Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with company core values.
- Ensure our product is delivered on time and in good condition and that our single copy locations have proper display and position to optimize our revenue potential.
- Initiate and nurture effective, professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge of all aspects of a circulation department or related operation as required.
- Manage a diverse staff & contractor force in a 24-hour, 6 day a week operation. Must cover carrier shifts that are down and cover collections when others are off.
- Lead the staff by setting the example of honesty, respect, and honoring our commitments.
- The ability to learn how to process daily papers and run reports, take marked copies/mail to and from the Post Office.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of (3) years of experience in circulation. The chosen candidate will have a car, a valid driver’s license, and up-to-date insurance with acceptable driving record. Candidate must be able to lift and move 25lbs.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
High School Diploma and equivalent work experience preferred.
Interested candidates should immediately send their resumes to Mark Shorts at email@example.com
The fringe benefits include Medical (split between employer and employee), Dental and Vision options (employee paid). There are three (3) company-sponsored benefits to include Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and a Term Life Insurance Policy. The company offers pay for these six (6) major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day). In addition, you accrue 3.33 hour per pay period in the first year of employment (80 hours) and increasing to 5.0 hours per pay period (120 hours) after one year of anniversary of employment. The company has the option of making a discretionary match to the 401K Retirement Plan after year’s end.